6) Margot at the Wedding - The extended family
Nicole Kidman's movie, but some good work from Jennifer Jason Leigh and Jack Black, as well as some above standard child-acting.
5) I'm Not There - The Dylan Collective
So we have 6 people playing Bob Dylan, plus the legendary Bruce Greenwood in like 3 roles. Everyone is good, Blanchett is the best.
4) Gomorrah - The Naples collective
This is a broad ensemble, with many actors given minimal time to make their roles land. Most succeed and there's good performances all round
3) The Dark Knight - The Batman collective
Comic-book movies often don't draw good performances, but this is the exception to the rule, Sure there's Ledger and Eckhart, but some great old guard turns from Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine add to the mix.
2) No Country for Old Men - The Texan collective.
Except for Javier Bardem who's from Spain. And Kelly MacDonald who's from Scotland.
1) Before The Devil Knows you're dead - The f*cked up family
Knock-out performances from everyone involved, but Philip Seymour Hoffman and Ethan Hawke in particular put in really great performances.